Talbot EXPRESS Campervan/Motorhome Owners Club & Forum (Peugeot J5, Citroen C25 & Fiat Ducato models)
   KEEPING THE DREAM ALIVE
    Register Portal  • Arcade  •  Calendar  •  Chat  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Login     
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:52 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to talbotoc

A non-profit owners club created by an enthusiast, for enthusiasts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, please register! (completely free) join our community today!

Post subject: Windscreen
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:20 pm 

Have thanks: 8 time
membership_no: 0
Hiya, hope I am posting this in the right place ( still a little confused with the site lol :D )

Well, 'Glen' needed a new windscreen as had a nasty big chip in it,so we booked in to have windscreen replaced last week.... very nice chap came out... but oncethe widscreen was removed, showed up a helluva lot of rust around the bottom rim , so couldn't put new windscreen in :( ..... said it would need to go to a bodyshop to be repaired!! :shock:

DOH went to our local bodyshop, oly to be told couldn't be done for a couple of weeks, and also quoted in excess of £500 upwards !! ( hadn't even seen what needed doing )

Well that caused a few heated discussions between myself and DOH lol, so anyway, he has a little mooch about online, and decided to repair the damage himself.... he spent a couple of days breaking away all the rusted areas, cleaned it up, and used an anti rust treatment ( painted on) then cut strips of UNIBOND repair patch and placed to both each side of the metal , filed it all down... and Voila... perfect :clap: ... Windscreen guy came this morning and said what a great job had been done.... so our lovely 'Glen' now has a nice new windscreen... and cost us less than £20 to put right :woo:

Post subject: Re: Windscreen
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:59 pm 

Have thanks: 52 time
membership_no: 8
That is brilliant...well done to you :clap:
I could do with a new windscreen but haven't coz I was worried I might find the same thing..I dont feel so worried now...Thanks... :D