Talbot EXPRESS Campervan/Motorhome Owners Club & Forum (Peugeot J5, Citroen C25 & Fiat Ducato models)
   KEEPING THE DREAM ALIVE
    Register Portal  • Arcade  •  Calendar  •  Chat  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Login     
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:34 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to talbotoc

A non-profit owners club created by an enthusiast, for enthusiasts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, please register! (completely free) join our community today!

Post subject: Headlights
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:23 pm 

Have thanks: 3 time
Hello again everyone, I don`t tend to post very often so when I do I try to make it an important topic.
Most of you will face either a failure or warning about your headlights at your next MOT.I know you will have seen the extortionate prices being charged on ebay. Ignore these and contact the following site. Even though they are in germany they offer an efficient service and stock many parts for our vans.I have just paid £24.00 each for a pair of headlights, £114.00 each on ebay.[size
www.fk-automotive.de

I now have my power steering and new tyres.TALBOT EXPRESS AUTOTRAIL RUST FREE AND 28 mpg. :lol: =150][/size]

Post subject: Re: Headlights
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:41 pm 

Have thanks: 517 time
membership_no: 0
Hi didgerydoo2
I just had a quick look at the site and it looks impressive. I did not see Talbot, Fiat Ducato, Cirtoen C25 not Peugeot J5 mentioned. How did you locate your headlights?
RR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:20 pm 

Have thanks: 3 time
The part number for the headlights is (FKRFSFI1010005-L) for left hand and "R" at the end for right. It lists the description as Fiat Ducato type 290 BJ; 90-94.It will not list any parts for Talbot or Peugot,because these vans were only badged as Fiat,Citroen or Alfa Romeo on the continent. I have got all the invoices for the parts I have bought and could scan them. Can I put attachments on this site.

Still Rockin`, but now its in a chair.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:44 pm 

Have thanks: 517 time
Thanks for the information. I was just curious as there was not, as you rightly point out, no option for Talbot and I did not see Fiat Ducato.
No need to scan the invoices but thanks for offering.
Regarding attachments - only images can be attached (do your scans could have been attached).
Thanks in the meantime but if you see other things of interest on that site then I am sure that folks would like to know.
RR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:00 pm 

Have thanks: 30 time
Are the lights for LH drive vehicles only or do they do both LH and RH drive because as most people know the lens beam is different for the UK compared to the rest of Europe

If you go for a swim you will get wet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:25 pm 

Have thanks: 1 time
Thanks for your very useful post as I was just about to fork out a lot of money for said items! I have logged on to the site and had a good look around but have not been able to latch onto the specific headlights using the info you provided. I would be grateful if you could shed a bit more light onto this, dipped or mainbeam, if you will excuse the pun! I also noticed on the type reference - 290Bj;90-94 - -I am presuming the 90-94 bit is the year for the vehicle? mine is an Autohome Highwayman T/E 2.0 petrol 1988 F reg. Thanks and Toot Toot from a fellow didge player!!!- - -Steve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:03 pm 

Have thanks: 352 time
membership_no: 42
Hi, Stevanski2. I cant find the lights either. Any more info mate. Steve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:06 pm 

Hello!- - - havn't managed to get any further, what I have found out tho' is the lights will probably be for left hand drive vehicles and you have to put stickers on them, in just the same way we do when we go abroad. I understand this is soon going to be contrary to new MOT rules.
I also understand you can get lights that fit from other vehicles such as Isuzu Trooper or the Vauxhall equivalent Monteray or whatever it was called! You do need to have the backplates as well and do a conversion but once installed I have been told they are ok for the job.
regards - - Steve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:12 pm 

I finally got new genuine Peugeot/ Talbot headlights, complete with new protective rubber boots, from - parts@no1gear.co.uk -free next day delivery. Cheaper than most as well. ----regards - -Steve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:49 pm 

Just seen this post and thought i would share some info with you, yes the lens on the German supplied lights will be left hand and as such no good for the UK Market, however it is possible if you are very carefull and have patience to remove the lens from your old headlight and the new one and do a swap and then fix the old lens to the new headlight with silicone or similer product.
i did this over two years ago and the headlight is still intact without any leaks or problems.

This all assumes that you have the ability and desire to save at least 80-90 squid, but remember it could all go wrong and the lens break, i know as i broke the LH lens getting it off, so wear gloves and take it easy, also i found that this company only had one lens listed when i looked but there is another company also german thats worth a look, www.axel-augustin.de.

Cheers jon